Aphrodisiacs, Stimulants and Sexual performance enhancers from Around the World
Vitamins + Minerals: More Sexual Energy
In some parts of the world kelp is considered to be aphrodisiac.
Kelp is rich in many vitamins and minerals, among them iodine, necessary for the proper function of the thyroid gland.
Lack of iodine can result in excessive physical fatigue and a lowered sex drive.
As a health supplement, Spirulina algae is an extremely high protein source with a protein content of 60-70 percent higher than any other natural
food and most nutritional products.
This algae affects women sexually giving them more intense sensations.
Wheat (Triticum aestivum)
- Strengthen the sexual organs, wheat germ, oil or sprouts ingested.
Contains estrogen, vitamine E, that strengthen the sexual organs.
- an amino acid, or building block of protein.
- Tyrosine is frequently used to alleviate depression which can be a major block to normal sexual drive and enjoyment.
- Tyrosine is believed to decrease reactions to stress, stimulate the sex drive and have aphrodisiac properties.
Zinc (Foodstuff containing Zinc )
-This mineral is essential for healthy sexual function and the health of the sexual organs.
- It is involved with production of several hormones involved with genital function and has been used to treat infertility.
- Irish Moss - helps to boost the production of semen in men. May be due to the zinc it contains.
- Zinc metal is included in most proprietary over-the-counter daily vitamin and mineral preparations. Along with some other metals, it is commonly
believed to possess anti-oxidant properties, which protect against premature aging of the skin and muscles of the body. In larger amounts, taken
as zinc alone in other proprietaries, it is believed to speed up the healing process after an injury.
Zinc gluconate glycine is taken in lozenge form as a remedy for the common cold
- All of the B vitamins are involve with production of energy, metabolism and synthesis of hormones.
- B vitamins may be the most important nutrient for healthy function of the nerves.
- Lack of sensory function can directly lead to lack of sexual fulfillment.
- Lower levels of B vitamins means lower levels of female hormones.
- B-complex vitamins are actually a group of eight vitamins, which include thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyridoxine (B6), folic acid (B9), cyanocobalamin (B12) and biotin.
Sexual Performance Enhancers
Borrachero (Methysticodendron amesianum, Solanaceae)
Columbia -strong inebriant, aphrodisiac, use decoctions made from fresh leaves.
- All parts of plant contain highly active tropane alkaloids, with 80% scopolamine.
- Recent ethnobotanical investigations in Colombia have greatly added to our knowledge of the narcotic and stimulant plants which are used in divination,
witchcraft and medicine by the Indians of these areas.
- The discovery, in the high and geographically isolated Indian village of Sibundoy, of a tree, representing a new genus and belonging apparently
to the Solanaceae, may have significant consequences in several different fields of study.
Betel palm (Areca catechu)
- Strong stimulant, betel seeds eaten, they contain alkaloids that have stimulating effect on the entire body and eros.
- It's a traditional aphrodisiac in Ayurvedic medicine
- Medicinal Actions and Uses---Areca Nut is aromatic and astringent and is said to intoxicate when first taken. The natives chew these nuts all day.
- Catechu is often made by boiling down the seeds of the plant to the consistency of an extract, but the proper
Catechu used in Britain is produced from the Acacia catechu. The flowers are very sweet-scented and in Borneo are used in medicines as charms
for the healing of the sick. In India the nut has long been used as a taenifuge for tapeworm. The action of Arecain resembles that of Muscarine and
Pilocarpine externally, internally used it contracts the pupils.
- Is also India's most potent hot plant.
- It is used equally by men and women, and is widely prescribed by physicians to adults with low libido, and to improve sexual function.
- In the system of Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha is king of the herbs.
- Details : Ashwagandha holds a place in the Ayurvedic pharmacology similar to ginseng in Chinese medicine, yet it is far less expensive.
It is the best rejuvenate herb, particularly for the muscles, marrow and semen and for Vata constitution. It is used in all conditions
of weakness and tissue deficiency in children, the elderly, those debilitated by chronic diseases, those suffering from overwork,
lack of sleep or nervous exhaustion
Men, women and youth sweatshirts
- Plant Name: Ginkgo Biloba.
- Aphrodisiac Benefits: Increased Sexual energy
.-Ginkgo's circulation enhancer called terpene lactone
- This increases cerebral and genital blood flow.
It significantly enhances production of dopamine, adrenaline and other neurotransmitters in the brain, which are responsible for improved pleasure
arousal and alertness.
- The Ginkgo biloba extracts were reported to act anti-asthmatic, antioxidant, reduce cerebral insufficiency, relieve the symptoms of Alzheimer’s
dementia, and enhance short-term memory in healty subjects
Siberian Ginseng : Eleutherococcus senticosus
- Location: East Asia
- Used as: tonic, invigorator
- Parts used: extract from roots
- Aphrodisiac Benefits: stimulates sexual appetite.
- Active Compounds:: eleuterosides (stimulants)
- (Wujiashen) Male and female tonic, strengthens system, increases endurance, energy, mental alertness, stimulant; Regulates low blood pressure
improves circulation, low blood sugar, fatigue, tonic, stress support
Plant Name: Horny Goat Weed
- Aphrodisiac Benefits: testosterone effects, stimulate sexual desire, increases sexual activity, increase sperm production, increase energy
- [Pharmacological actions]: Invigorative, tonic and anti - rheumatism. It has been applied to men suffering from impotence and low sperm count.
- A tonic of this plant is said to warm the body for both men and women.
- And has been consumed by women who suffer from a decreased sexual motivation.
Click to Continue with more exotic herbs
Back to Aphrodisiac Food Recipes and Herbs Main Page